One of the most healing foods of the winter months is the pumpkin. The most important feature of pumpkin benefits is that it contains beta carotene . Beta carotenes strengthen the immune system and are very powerful antioxidants. The benefits of pumpkin In this article you will find in detail how many calories of pumpkin and benefits of pumpkin to babies you will be able to give more space in your diet after learning.
What is a Pumpkin
Pumpkin is popularly known as a vegetable, but is actually a fruit. Gourd contains plenty of vitamin A, phosphorus and iron. Pumpkin potassium, calcium and magnesium minerals are also found in large quantities. The pumpkin has a flat spherical shape and the outside is hard and the inside is orange. Pumpkin pie, mash, pudding, dessert can be made. Loofah, which is one of the fiber rich foods, can be consumed by making soup to strengthen the immune system especially in winter months. The healing pumpkin is very nutritious with its vitamins and minerals.
What are the benefits of pumpkin
Strengthens the immune system; Beta carotene contained in the pumpkin contains a strong antioxidant while giving the pumpkin its color. Antioxidant-containing pumpkin strengthens the immune system and prevents the body from sluggish with the effect of cold weather in winter. The beta carotene component protects cells by fighting free radicals in the body and fights cancer. Consuming gourd, which is rich in beta carotene, also helps maintain cell health.
Helps the Digestive System; Pumpkin is one of the foods that contain food fiber. Nutritional fibers regulate intestinal activity to reduce digestive problems such as indigestion and bloating. You can read more about the benefits of fiber nutrition by reading our article on fiber-rich foods .
Other benefits of pumpkin;
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, pumpkin balances the rate of fat in the blood and prevents the rise of bad cholesterol.
- Pumpkin protects the health of the heart.
- A large amount of vitamin A in pumpkin provides protection against oral and lung cancer.
- Pumpkin protects eye health because vitamin A is also effective in maintaining eye health.
- It lowers blood pressure and thus prevents the rise of blood pressure.
- Pumpkin has an antibiotic effect and protects the body against infections.
- Antioxidant-rich gourd weakens the effects of aging by protecting skin cells.
Recipe for Pumpkin Soup
If you want to make as cheesecake or walnut creamy dessert as you wish mis Honey pumpkin is a must-have table. Let’s share the recipe of pumpkin soup , which you’ll love, with its great nutritious properties made from pumpkin that doesn’t end in counting benefits.
Before moving on to the tariff, it should be noted that this soup, which has an average of 8-10 bowls, does not contain gluten in its contents, it is a very healthy option especially for people with gluten allergy. 1 scoop calorie of pumpkin soup is about 70 calories is recommended for diet and weight control is a type of soup.
If you are ready, let’s go to the description of the wonderful soup;
Ingredients Required for Pumpkin Soup:
- Half a pound of pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 glasses of broth
- 2 glasses of hot water
- 5 tablespoons of oil or olive oil
2 medium-sized fresh potatoes
2 medium-sized carrots
1 medium onion bulb
Half a cup of raw cream or milk
For the sauce of the soup;
- The inside of the pumpkin seeds as half a cup of tea
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper powder
- 5 leaves of fresh sage
- 1 piece of butter
Preparation of the Pumpkin Soup:
- First, peel the pumpkin shells and chop the cubes.
- Peel potatoes, onions and carrots and cut them into cubes. Make sure the vegetables are chopped into cubes of equal size to prevent cooking times.
- Lightly sauté the vegetables to further enhance the flavor of the soup. To do this, first take the oil in the saucepan. Then add the onions first, then carrots, zucchini and potatoes, respectively. Caramelize the vegetables for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the hot water and the meat broth over the vegetables. Cook all the vegetables over medium heat until the pumpkin is tender. This time is expected to be approximately 30 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add salt, pepper, garlic and turmeric and crush them with the blender until they are pureed.
- Then add raw cream or milk to your preference and continue stirring. Pumpkin soup is ready to eat with this state. Now it is time to prepare the sauce of the soup…
- Lightly sauté the inside of the pumpkin seeds and sage leaves with a piece of butter in a small pan for the sauce of the soup. Then add the red pepper powder. Pumpkin soup in a soup bowl you can take a spoon over this sauce and then serve. Enjoy your meal…
Note: If you wish, you can also choose basil leaves instead of sage leaves for the sauce.
The Benefits of Pumpkin Soup to Babies
Pumpkin soup is also very useful for babies. It contains iron, calcium and phosphorus and it contributes greatly to the development of infants. You can mash the pumpkin and feed it to babies or children who are going to additional food. It will be very useful for children suffering from constipation because of the fiber content. You can also take a look at our article fruit puree recipes for other fruit purees you can make for your baby.
How Many Calories In Pumpkin
Pumpkin, is rich in vitamins and minerals and has a high nutritional properties as well as a low-calorie food. For those who wonder how many calories of pumpkin; 100 grams of pumpkin is 25 calories . In cases where you cannot weigh, an average of 1 slice of pumpkin is about 60 calories. Low calorie nutrients, one of the leading gourd helps to weaken.
Will Pumpkin Weaken
Pumpkin is an ideal food for those who want to lose weight because it contains nutrient fiber and is low calorie. 1 bowl of pumpkin soup is about 120 calories. Moreover, pumpkin soup keeps satiated for a long time and gets hungry late. Those who want to lose weight by eating a diet of zucchini can weaken.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin is a food that is healing for health with every bit of it. The pumpkin seeds , which are found in the inner part of the pumpkin , are just as useful. You can also consume the pumpkin seeds as dried fruits in snacks. Dried pumpkin seeds are similar in taste to nuts. Pumpkin seeds containing useful oils are a good source of protein.
Pumpkin seeds contains zinc mineral and strengthens the immune system. Pumpkin seeds are yellow to white in color. The benefits of pumpkin seeds If you look at;
- Pumpkin seeds that slow down the growth of benign prostate seen in men also increases sexual power.
- It has healing properties of kidney disorders such as urinary retention.
- Useful fatty acids omega-3 and contains omega-6 and helps to weaken.
- One of the most important benefits of pumpkin is that it is good for nausea. It also has an effect on seasickness.
- While you can consume pumpkin seeds as kernels in snacks, you can use them to give flavor to salads or sauces.
Regular consumption of pumpkin seeds protects the bone health of men. Zinc-rich pumpkin seeds provide bone health protection.
Pumpkin seeds are a good source of vitamin E. 1 cup of pumpkin seeds meets the requirement of 10 mg vitamin E which should be taken daily.